Do you work with someone who inspires you? Do they go above and beyond for those battling cancer? Or do you know a company or organization that is committed to creating a cancer-free world? Then they might just be perfect for the Herd of Hope Hero Award — nominate them today!
Cancer affects us all, and there are a lot of Western New Yorkers who are doing something to help. The Herd of Hope is about our community coming together and working to create hope and innovation. And there are so many people and organizations that show us what hope truly means. The Herd of Hope Hero Award seeks to recognize and honor those who inspire hope — hope for our loved ones, hope for our community, hope for a cure and hope for the future.
You can nominate an individual, company or organization for the Herd of Hope Hero Award. The ideal nominees will be from Western New York and are identified by their co-workers, friends or family as people who go out of their way for others. We’re looking for that person or organization that is committed to genuinely making a difference in the world around them.
We will begin accepting nominations on
July 16, 2019
When our committee reviews nominations for the Herd of Hope Hero Award, we will be looking for the ways the nominee has made an outstanding contribution to the cancer cause, as well as to the WNY community. Examples of contributions to the cancer cause include, but are not limited to:
- Arranging or providing meals, transportation or child care for a friend or co-worker during their treatment.
- Volunteering with organizations that benefit patients with cancer and/or their families.
- Creating a benefit or fundraiser for an individual with cancer or a cancer-related organization.
- Spreading awareness of new advancements in cancer research and encouraging others to support those efforts.
- Empowering others to adopt a healthier lifestyle and reduce their cancer risk, such as quitting smoking or getting active.
What will the winner get?
The winner will be announced in September and will be presented with a personalized Herd of Hope mini blue buffalo Hero Award. If a company or organization wins, they will receive a full-sized Herd of Hope buffalo statue. Herd of Hope buffaloes are a symbol of hope, generosity and innovation in Western New York — all of which are characteristics of the award winner!
In addition, the award winner will also receive:
- An invitation to attend a Science Advisory Committee meeting, where they can hear Roswell Park scientists and clinicians evaluate the newest and most promising cancer research ideas at the cancer center.
- Tickets to the Hockey Fights Cancer Buffalo Sabres game in November 2019.
- Recognition on HerdofHope.org and Roswell Park social media as the 2019 Herd of Hope Hero.
Nominations are closed – stay tuned for winner announcement!
Nominees must live in Western New York. All nominations must be submitted by August 16, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. EST. People can nominate themselves or their own business. A selection committee will evaluate nominations based on nominees’ service to others, to the cancer cause and to Western New York.